yoga retreats nepal
When the mountains call, one must heed. In Nepal, amidst the peace and quiet of the Himalayas, the spiritual calling is unmistakably there. It is the ancient seat of Shiva and Shakti- the divine spiritual union which is the origin of all creation and sustenance in Hinduism, and the birth land of Lord Buddha. No wonder, some of the most valued of yoga traditions have historically flourished in this beautiful country like the Natha Yogi lineage. If you want to take some time out with yourself, travel with purpose, and mean to absorb the wisdom of yoga from its early origin, yoga vacations in Nepal will be a time well dedicated.
Why Become a Part of Yoga Retreats in Nepal?
Yoga retreat in Nepal is the perfect excuse to get recharged and rejuvenated mind, body, and soul without having to commit for exhaustively long breaks away from your life. Retreats in Nepal can be just as long as you would prefer them to be-- from a week to a couple of weeks in a row of getting introduced to the key concepts and knowing as many postures.
The best yoga retreat in Nepal are a cocktail of combined activities with yoga and meditation. You can get adventures trekking the unknown trails into the mountains, skydive or kayak in the sprightly mountain rivers, challenge your will and strength to complete a challenging trek like the Annapurna Base Camp hike, or explore the historical spaces of Kathmandu and Pokhara.
On a dreamy retreat in the mountainous country of the rising sun, you are also going to meet the rarest of amazing people. It’s a week or more of commune-style living with the happy and vibrant souls who yoga and travel. You will come home feeling blessed after completing your yoga retreat in Nepal 2019, and a handful of like-minded souls with whom a valuable learning experience have been shared!
Also, a yoga retreat in Nepal may be the perfect beginning, and the motivation you needed for a lifelong path of in-depth practice of yoga and meditation, and that way becoming your best possible version!
How to Choose a Yoga Retreat in Nepal?
Yoga and meditation learning outlets are ubiquitous in Nepal. There are far too many options to choose from and that is perhaps why you need to look for these specific features that says-- this is it!
- Residential Retreat Course: The retreat experience should be holistic, staying in communion with fellow learners in a place of meditative quiet and a readily available space for self-practice is essential. Only residential yoga Nepal retreats fit that description.
- Multiple Yoga Styles: You must have come across a glossary of yoga style names over the years like Hatha and Ashtanga, but they are not necessarily mutually exclusive categories. An ideal yoga curriculum will be where you can complement the learning of one style with another.
- Meditation and Pranayama: The practice of culturing mindfulness is integral to the idea of yoga. Pranayamic breathing, mantra chanting meditation, kundalini awakening meditation and others are some of the recognizable elements of mindfulness practice which a yoga curriculum must be having.
- Vegetarian Yogic Meals: Ample nourishment through the right kind of food can get you through an arduous practice session of introductory yoga lessons. Ayurvedically approved ingredients and an ethical rejection of non-vegetarian food is required for the dietary discipline. Make sure the school has 3 yogic meals per day allotted for practitioners.
- Ayurvedic Therapy: Know about the ayurvedic gunas of different herbs and spices, the healing qualities of different oils and herbal decoctions in this segment. Modes of Ayurvedic therapy like-- shirodhara and panchakarma should be available at in-house ayurvedic spas at the yoga facility.
- Outdoors Curriculum: Outdoor yoga curriculums are ethereal experiences where the overwhelming beauty in nature becomes a part of your rising consciousness. Say yes to sunrise yoga at Sarangkot, or sessions by the Pokhara Lake, or the more ambitious yoga on trek curriculums.
- Good Ratings and Reviews: Look beyond the front through ratings and reviews from attendees. You may also post your personal enquiries at online forums before signing up for a specific school.
What You Learn from a Yoga Retreat in Nepal?
- Enhance your existing practice on a yoga retreat in Nepal, under the watchful guidance of experienced teachers.
- Receive hands-on adjustment-alignment on your postures to make them perfect and earn better results.
- Ayurvedic massage every day for detox, better circulation, and rejuvenation.
- Induction into different styles-- from Hatha to Ashtanga, Kundalini, and the vinyasa-flow style of practice.
- Yogic cleansing techniques for inner purification of different body humors.
- Knowing your vata-pitta-kapha body constituency and how to regulate health.
- Introduction to yoga philosophy and how to apply yogic ethical values in everyday life.
- Striking a deep connection with fellow learners, teachers, and like-minded members of the yogic community, opening doors to future endeavors and associations with yoga.