What are the Tourist Attractions in Nepal
Make travel a ritual and every year go to a place you’ve never been before. Traveling is more of connecting with the inner-self than seeing sights, traveling is the way of finding the lost self. Embark on the next voyage to a place engulfed with snow-clad Mountains, where the infinite grace of nature inhabits. Traverse to Nepal to awaken the spirituality, to satiate the wandering soul and to find solace.
Nestled between Tibet and India, Nepal is an extremely fascinating destination for adrenaline junkies, scholars, yogis, travelers and researchers. Truly a paradisal place, Nepal is popular for its diverse terrain, rich culture, vibrant aura and divine atmosphere.
With the list of best tourist attractions in Nepal, explore hidden gems and have an amazing stay in the country.
Kathmandu - The Capital
Kathmandu is the capital and the largest city in Nepal, a definite place with a contrast of old buildings and lively atmosphere. Here you find peace in the chaos - the hustle bustle and all set against the backdrop of historic buildings, temples and carved statues. This extremely beautiful city falls under the classification of the three rival royal cities including Patan and Bhaktapur. Durbar Square in Kathmandu is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Temples - Experience Divinity
Culturally and traditionally diverse, Nepal is an ancient divine land apt for spirituality seekers. Visit famous temples here including:
• Boudhanath Stupa: Nestled on the outskirts of Kathmandu, Boudhanath is one of the largest Stupas in the world and is one of its kinds. A UNESCO Heritage Site, the Stupa symbolizes enlightenment and has a different shape. Each represents five elements - water, air, earth, fire and sphere.
• Swayambhunath: Famously known as monkey temple, Swayambhunath is one of the most important shrines in Nepal. Swayambhu plays a crucial part in the lives of Vajrayana Buddhists and Newari Buddhists.
• Pashupati Nath: One of the oldest and renowned temples, Pashupati Nath sits on the bank of Bagmati River and is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Bhaktapur - Land of Temples
One of the three loyal cities, Bhaktapur is famous for its temples and is located on the oldest trade route to Tibet. Begin the city tour with Durbar Square, where you get to witness many royal palaces. The city is one of the amazing tourist destinations in Nepal and allures you with its terracotta products, lotus handicrafts and more.
Pokhara - Yogic Land
A city of lakes and caves, Pokhara is a mesmeric land surrounded with high mountain ranges - Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Annapurna. A trekker’s paradise, the city is also widely popular among the yogic nomads crediting to its yoga and meditation practice and training programs. Visit famous Mahendra Gufa (Cave), Phewa Lake and many other places that boast of natural serenity.
Adventure Activities - Trekking
As mentioned, Nepal is a dreamy land for all adventure seekers especially for trekkers and mountaineers. Being the land of the highest mountain peak, Mount Everest, the Everest Base Camp Trek is the most popular one. Annapurna Circuit Base Camp, Trekking in the Langtang Region, Helambu Trek and Mustang Trek are also some of the go-to places for adrenaline junkies. Go for biking at Shivapuri national park, Mountain View from Gokyo lakes, Kayaking in Seti River, river rafting and bungee jumping in Bhote Koshi River, etc.
Patan - A city of Beauty
The third royal city of Nepal, Patan is also known from its original name Lalitpur and Yala. One of the most visited tourist place, the city boasts of its architectural beauty through the famous Durbar Square and temples. Visit places in Patan including Ashoka Stupa, Malla Kings Palace, Rani ki Van and etc.
Lumbini - Birth Land of Buddha
One fascinating place among all the pilgrims is Lumbini. It is widely famous as the birth land of Gautam Buddha. The peaceful calming ambiance creates a perfect setting for meditation practice; Lumbini has turned into a terminus of Buddhism. One of the holiest spots in the world, the key attraction of the place is the Ashoka Pillar, temples, Japan Peace Stupa, Bodhi Tree, museum and Maya Devi Temple.
Wildlife at its Best - National Parks
The country proudly boasts of its mesmeric flora and fauna which can be easily witnessed at its best in National Parks and reserve centers. Book a wildlife safari tour to Chitwan National Park, Bardia National Park or Sagarmatha National Park. The parks are home to elephants, Bengal Tigers, Sloth Bears, Leopards, Gaur (Buffalo) deer, freshwater dolphins, crocodiles and other critters. Also, take a boat tour of Narayani River near Chitwan National Park.
• Nagarkot: A mesmeric place known for its sunrise view, people visit here generally for adventure trips and nature tours.
• Janakpur: Believed to be the birthplace of Sita, Janakpur is a Hindu pilgrimage place where you imbibe Maithili culture.
• Dharan: Another Hindu pilgrimage place, the city is also known as the Shaktipeetha - where one of the limbs of Sati fell.
• Palpa: A small town which is a hot spot for nature lovers. Here you can meet old society of Magar tribes.
These enchanting tourist destinations in Nepal will surely enrapture you, so plan your trip sooner to Nepal and relish every bit of your soulful getaway on the land of the Himalayas.