Top 7 Excellent Health Benefits of Yoga
Fortify health and wellness with Yoga. Delve into its practice for reaping the seven health benefits of yoga.
Many of us have read and heard that the traditional science of yoga is advantageous for the overall health of body, mind, and soul. Every time a practitioner sits for meditation and engages the body in yoga asanas, they experience profound physical and mental benefits. Some, such as toned abs, flat stomach, improved flexibility, that are clearly evident. Others, including intangible yet powerful rewards: activated parasympathetic nervous system, balanced chakras, and more. Collectively, the physical, mental, and emotional yoga health benefits contribute to a holistic sense of wellness, which demonstrates why so many people admire the science of yoga.
Here is a list of seven benefits of yoga that anyone can relish through a regular practice.
1. Peace of Mind: In the chaotic world, you are bound to feel stressed and anxious. But, a perennially tensed mind is a beget to many health problems like depression, panic attacks, heart diseases, and so much more. The practice of yoga and meditation is effective in dilapidating the effects of stress, activating the parasympathetic nervous system, increasing the GABA levels, all of these foster a sense of ease and calmness. The breathing exercises nourish the brain nerves with oxygenated blood that positively affects the brain patterns. Try Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom Pranayama along with Mantra Chanting Meditation.
2. Strengthen and Flex: The daily practice of yoga asanas result in dual rewards: strength and flexibility. The stretch of a yoga asana relaxes the muscles and helps the joints gain their full range of motion, thereby increasing flexibility while the holding the postures using bodyweight strengthens the muscles that are weak. Practice Crane Pose, Dolphin Plank Posture, and Downward-Facing Dog Pose for complete stretch and strength.
3. Trim and Tone: If you wish for an ideal body mass, the science of yoga is the safest way to achieve this goal. The yoga postures such as Wind-Relieving Pose, Boat Pose, Upward Plank Pose, etc., provide the ideal weight management yoga benefits by stimulating the sluggish glands, increasing fat metabolism, and working on the oblique muscles. By boosting metabolism, yoga increases the number of calories burnt which aids in weight loss.
4. Cleanse and Detox: The practice of Bikram Yoga, which is done in a heated room aids in profuse sweating, thereby removing impurities from the skin. The performance of twisting and bending yoga poses assists in detoxification of the digestive tract, internal glands, and organs. And, the pranayama practices infuse the body with freshly-oxygenated blood and nutrients that improve blood circulation and efficiency of the organs facilitating the release of toxins. The Shat-kriya yoga practices are designed towards wholesome detoxification of the body. When the body is purified, the immune system gets fortified and energy levels soar high.
5. Vitalise and Energize: The yoga practices assist in strengthening the muscles, purifying the organs, regulating the metabolic processes, and increasing the blood circulation that energizes and vitalizes the body. With strength and vigor, you become capable of completing the tasks with more productivity performing optimally.
6. Activates the Chakra: With the diverse postures of yoga, you can activate the seven chakras within the body: Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, and Crown Chakra. These seven chakras govern the different aspect of life and represent the diverse functions encompassing the physiological, psychological, energetic, and spiritual. When these chakras are balanced, you experience greater harmony and health.
7. Feel happy: The physical and mental health benefits of yoga cause an increased sense of internal peace and positive outlook in life. Additionally, Yoga teaches you to indulge in self-love and care and opens the heart to happiness and kindness.
So, take up the yoga practice today for its innumerable health benefits. Develop a unified body, mind, and soul with the yoga science.