5 Days 4 Nights Yoga Retreat Package at Kathmandu Nepal
Heed to your soul calling for spiritual oneness with yoga in the beautiful Himalayan kingdom of Nepal. While modern lifestyle gets demanding allowing sparse leeway to take a pause and concentrate on wellness, this 5 days 4 nights retreat programs a comprehensive curriculum for you to catch with your inner wellness. The salubrious low lying slopes of Nepal, pleasantly verdant, and brimming with exuberant nature, will make up the background for your retreat experience. Experienced masters of authentic Indic tradition will guide you through the basics of Hatha and Ashtanga fundamental yoga styles, as well as help you purify with yogic cleansing and ayurvedic lifestyle modifications. Do away with the stress-induced general unfitness on this retreat, culturing a lifetime’s worth of healthy habits, discipline, and sustainability. The Nepal Himalayas have long been a frequented destination for mountain lover, trekking enthusiasts, and the adventurous soul and this 5 nights retreat is designed to compliment such interests perfectly with a bunch of outdoor activities and excursions. This retreat can be the perfect excuse to lose yourself in the enchanting mountains and forests of Nepal, meet a bunch of like-minded lovable strangers, and simply reconnect with your Self on this brief, transformative journey!
Yoga is a great way to build strength and bring inner awareness, however, it’s challenging to induct oneself completely and correctly into the discipline without the help of a teacher and comprehensive guidance. This is why you need to take a break and attend a retreat.
This brief retreat program of 5 Days will journey you through the basic, easeful movements of the Hatha primary series, assisted hands-on by an experienced teacher, also the Ashtanga series will be introduced in a beginner-friendly, slow-paced way.
To prepare your body for an in-depth yogic workout, there will be a completely vegetarian diet with three meals a day, balanced in nutrition, and ayurvedically cooked. The dietary modification emphasizes detox and nourishment through plant-based produces, reducing unwholesome cravings and immoderate consumption habits.
Meditation methods like Yoga Nidra, mindfulness with music, and mantra chanting are introduced to the participant and an integrated form of meditative breathing and physical asanas are attempted with successive sessions.
Full body herbalized oil massage, shirodhara oil treatment on the head, and abhyanga massage for chronic pain relief are administered by qualified ayurvedic therapists, to rid your body of doshic excesses. Sessions at the in-house spa and sauna help in deepening the outcomes of these specific treatments.
Reiki and Reflexology are introduced to generate your interests in alternative healing practices, in place of modern medicine which cannot be free of debilitating side-effects.
The in-house swimming pool remains open for recreation in the water. It doesn’t matter if you cannot swim, just jump in with your fellow retreaters for oodles of joy and laughter under the summer sun!
Day 2-4 has excursions to local places of interest-- temples and monasteries in the vicinity, and into the core area of the Nagarjuna national park. Bring your hiking boots and safari cap!
What Makes this Program Special?
- A brief yet comprehensive curriculum, covering asana basics, pranayama, and meditation, along with alternative healing sessions and therapy with Ayurveda.
- Detoxifying diet and ayurvedically prescribed lifestyle modifications, provided by qualified therapists ensuring much needed health consultation.
- Excursions in the local spots of interest-- ancient temples and monasteries, nature trails along the foothills, jungle core area, and outdoor yoga trips.
- Conducive set up for meditation and self-practice.
- In-house library with select yoga literature.
- This retreat will prepare you for self-propelled yoga practice routine, and motivate sincere practitioners for programs demanding more degree of commitment like yoga teacher training courses in the future.
In order to shed the toxins and residues of stress accumulated in your body and being over a period of living in an unregulated lifestyle, a refreshing dietary routine is introduced for these 5 days of retreat. Kosher vegetarian food, plenty of fluids ensuring sufficient hydration, detoxifying meals including big portions of leafy vegetables, salads, citrus fruits, and herbal teas make up this diet chart. Simple Indian preparations with fresh ground spices, minimum oil and balanced proportions of carbohydrates make these meals delectable, yet uncompromising of the health factor. The kitchen staff makes sure not to use processed food with added preservatives and make much of the meals with locally grown fresh produce. The main objective of the diet plan on this retreat is to sustain you through the 5 long days of immersive yogic activities, restore health in your body and being, and induct participants with a strong foundation in wholesome consumption habits.
The retreat home nestles in the wilderness of Nagarjun forests and offers peaceful verdant views. Clean and comfortable, spacious rooms for single and shared occupation make for economic stays during your retreat time. The decor and amenities will fulfill your basic requirement and keep true to the motto of simple living for the yogi. Attached bath, hot and cold water, a table and cupboard, ceiling fan, and sitting area are provided with each room. You may also choose rooms with a veranda. Yogis are welcome to spend time in the library, leafing through select yoga literature, or try out playing the instruments in the music room. When the days are salubrious outside, many choose to spend time in the outdoors meditation zones or walk in the beautifully kept verdant garden patch. The living quarters at the retreat home has 12 rooms, interestingly named after the horoscopes--Mesha (Aries), Brisha (Taurus), Mithuna (Gemini), Karkata (Cancer), Simha (Leo), Kanya (Virgo), Tula (Libra), Vrishchika (Scorpio), Dhanu (Sagittarius), Makara (Capricorn), Kumbha (Aquarius), and Meena (Pisces).
There’s a warm and roomy yoga hall which can easily accommodate everybody, plus, it remains open for self-practice during all times of the day. Inmates love the turquoise watered in-house swimming pool for summer use, lined with sunbathing beds and convenient washrooms. There’s also a spa and sauna room where you can get extra spa and massage services outside of the retreat inclusive services for an additional cost. Though digital detox is recommended for much of your stay, there remains 24x7 Wi-Fi to connect you with the rest of the world.
- Jala Neti (Morning Cleanse Ritual)
- Bhakti Yoga
- Asanas for Ensuring Spinal Health
- Surya Namaskara Sequence
- Yoga Mudra
- Dhyana Yoga
- Yoga Nidra or Psychic Sleep
- Trataka (Concentrated Gaze
- Evening Walk and Community Time
- Yoga Philosophy Discourse (brief session)
- Shanti Path (Peace Mantra)
- Accommodation; Attached Bathroom with Hot & Cold shower
- Sauna & Steam; Swimming Pool (Only in Summer)
- Towel and slippers
- 3 vegetarian or Vegan meals daily (Cultural Food on Festivals & Rituals)
- Daily herbal tea as mentioned above
- 2 Yoga sessions per day including yoga mat
- Drinking water
- Daily therapy session on Main Retreat Days only
- Library of yoga literature
What’s not Included
- All transfers and transport to and from the centre
- All excursions out of the centre including meals taken off-site
- All personal expenses
- Extra meals (available at an extra charge)
- Laundry (available at an extra charge)
- Extra Therapies (available at an extra charge)
- Check out time 2 pm.
- Pick up and Drop off
Swami Yog Subodh (Dr. Subodh Simkhanda)
A qualified Reiki master and yoga life enthusiast, Swami Yog Subodh has made a niche for himself among the yoga entrepreneurs and teachers of Nepal. Additionally, Swami Subodh is a wellness motivator and a qualified Naturopath. He has 22 long and rich years of a teaching career in promoting nature cure, yoga, and spiritual healing through a number of technique modes. He has notably participated in the International World Congress of Alternative Medicines in 2001, his lectures and demonstrations earning him an award of “Lifelong Yoga Popularity”. He is also a recipient of “Doctor in complementary Medicines (M.D.)” from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines, Srilanka.
Himalayan Yoga Academy began under the inspirational leadership of long-practicing yogis like Swami Yog Subodh, with the purpose of promoting health, healing, and holistic wellness. In the auspicious land of Nepal amid the pristine Nagarjuna forests, HYI offers immaculate hospitality, modern amenities, spacious living quarters, and ayurvedic healthy meals for wellness seeking retreaters and trainees pursuing the yoga path. Connecting with theoretical understanding of yoga and developing a disciplined practice side by side for improvement of mind-body qualities, HYI facilitates comprehensive Yoga Alliance accredited courses. The aims and objectives of the Academy are--
Providing an yogic and spiritual atmosphere for the seekers to delve deeper in meditation
- Provision for advanced training with brief and long workshops
- Introduction to complementary holistic practices, like-- Reiki, Music Meditation
- Rejuvenation with Ayurveda, Nature Spa, Panchakarma Cleansing
- Invigorating physical activities like swimming
- Spiritual tourism based on yoga and treks
- Service for the benefit of the greater good in society through philanthropic social works
Discover the beautiful spiritual country of Nepal with its rich and varied sources for spiritual learning in this forum. Keep track of the many workshops, festivals, YTT, and retreat programs held at various exquisite locations of this auspicious Himalayan country, with notes on--
- Acclaimed Indic teachers conducting classes in yoga destinations of India, Nepal, and South-east Asia
- Student feedback and reviews on different yoga programs
- Resident Yoga Teacher Training and Retreat in beautiful Nepal
- Easy booking accesses
- Friendly and efficient help-desk to assist you in booking just the one program for you
- Get connected with like-minded health and wellness enthusiasts pursuing the yoga path
- Receive newsletters for seasonal discounts and early bird discounts on select Nepal YTT and retreats
- Wise up with blogs on relevant yoga and wellness topics
A deposit of 20% will be required for a reservation and is non-refundable.
If someone cancels the booking after the commencement of the session, only 50% of the total amount will be refunded.