200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Kathmandu Nepal
Inherit the legacy of Nepal’s yogic spiritual traditions on this in-depth comprehensive training of 26 days, under the esteemed tutelage of authentic Indic teachers, held in the forested mountainous fringes of the holy country. Secreted away from the metropolitan urbanscapes of the country's capital, this program is held in the quietude of Nagarjuna forests at the fringe of Kathmandu Valley. While soaking in the pure verdure and bliss of Nepal’s lower Himalayan stretch, the course lays out a path for self-search, self-discipline, and the beginning of a more wholesome, fulfilling way of living life. The course is about 26 days of contemplation and 26 days of unadulterated yogic practices, exploring the core of yogic science through textual readings and discourses on one hand and experiential practice on the other. While traditional Hatha and dynamic Ashtanga posture styles are given primacy, this course also doesn’t leave out the stress on the more inwards-churning, meditative forms such as Kundalini and mantra yoga. In addition, on this course, you will be introduced to various trainings in complementary arts of culturing holistic health and healing, such as-- Reiki, devotional music, meditation, Happiness by Self, Ayurveda, Panchakarma Detox, Naturopathic Spa, Trekking, and more. The idea is to give your curiosities the maximum exposure to Nepal’s reservoir of ancient wisdom and restore harmony and balance in weary bodies and minds over this period of 200 hour time.
Taking this 200 hour YTT in the blissful and conducive spiritual environment of Nepal can also give you your first impulse for taking yoga teaching as a vocation. The ‘teaching methodology’ segment of the course deals with improving communication skills, forming group dynamics, improving time management, establishment of priorities and boundaries, the principles of demonstration etc, all from the point of view of a prospective yoga teacher.
A typical day on the 200 hour yoga training and retreat begins with prayers at first light, followed by subtle exercises to unwind the body and unblock energy channels. Spinal workouts are given particular stress in this segment. In the advanced days of the course, morning mindfulness and fitness rituals will include the comprehensive Surya Namaskara sequence. Moving on, participants are inducted in the purifying techniques of yogic shatkarma- dhauti, basti, neti, nauli, tratak, and kapalbhati. This is to cleanse the bodily humors, and declog various channels of circulation. Asanas-- meditative postures, restorative sequences, core-strengthening and balance oriented sequences are practiced over the day. Also, the participants are provided hands-on adjustment and alignment in order to optimize the benefits of the discipline. Breathing ethics, a core element of the yogic discipline is shed light upon with occasional sessions of practicing mudras- or hand gestures, bandhas- or body locks, and pranayama- or deep diaphragmatic breathing techniques. Mindfulness exercises include various forms of meditation and yoga nidra.
What Makes this Program Special?
- Beginners looking to expand their view of yoga life, deepen posture and meditation practices, and get hands-on corrections, modifications, and assists from experienced teachers.
- Those on the lookout for learning exercise sustainable with disabilities, age-induced limitations, joint pains, or such other kind of disadvantages.
- Individuals suffering from overall lack of fitness and in need of systematic lifestyle modifications approved by yoga and Ayurveda.
- Adventure hearts for whom the Himalayas hold a vast treasure of swashbuckling activities, from trekking to jungle exploration, winsome photography opportunities, and adventure sports.
- Aspiring yoga entrepreneurs looking to start their own classes can learn the art of holding perfect sessions and make a bunch of important new contacts.
- Yoga instructors and teachers looking to get officially validated in their vocation with RYT status and Yoga Alliance certification with worldwide recognition.
- Yoga Therapists can gain interesting point of views on the machinations of the body and mind and how yogic discipline can enhance one’s better qualities-- a scientific outlook on yoga.
HYI has a fully equipped, clean and hygienic kitchen, run by expert chefs who specialize in Indian culinary. You will have three full meals a day, vegetarian and vegan on request. Yogic meals with balanced proportions of carbs, plenty of salad greens, juicy cuts of seasonal fruits, flavorsome soups, stews, and curries, and a number of hydration options served at the juice bar will be provided to ensure health and complete wellness during your stay. Herbal teas, fresh brewed and collected from local tea gardens are another specialty of the retreat menu. You can take your pick among these herbal infusions that might help your ayurvedic tridoshic balance and constitution. Most part of the nutritive meals here are procured from organic farm fresh produces and processed food are strictly not used.
The retreat home of Himalayan Yoga Academy perches upon low lying slope steeped in the Nagarjuna forests of outer Kathmandu. Away from the noise and pollution of the city bounds, the verdure and quietude of the place feels verily calming on the senses. A vibrant and beautiful garden surrounds the premises, there is a cluster of local Nepalese villages in the proximity, and the jungles of Raniban falling within the protected area of Shivapuri National Park is just within 5 km. Within a short distance, there is also a Buddhist study center and a place for sadhana which yogis take an interest in visiting. While on your stay here, you can enjoy an in-house spa, a sauna room, swimming pool for the summers, and a library.
Rooms for single and shared occupation with jungle view balconies are available at the retreat home. Attached bath, hot and cold shower, a nice and comfortable yoga hall, and an outdoor meditation zone make this place ideal for a peaceful and satisfactory stay. You will be provided 24x7 free Wi-Fi to remain accessible digitally.
Sonorous and soulful Sanskrit chanting in accurate diction- the Aum chant, and other mantra prayers;
Warm up with subtle exercises-- jogging, Spinal stretch-outs;
the Surya Namaskara;
Satkarma- Dhauti, Basti, Neti, Nauli, Tratal, and Kaalbhati for internal purification;
Asana- Meditative postures, Relaxing postures, Balance, Inversions;
Yoga Safety Guidelines;
Breathing Ethics- Mudra-Bandha-Pranayama;
Guided Teaching Practice
Teaching Methodology- 25 Hours
Understanding group dynamics;
Addressing requirements of special ability groups;
Art of demonstration;
Business Aspects of Teaching Yoga
Anatomy and Physiology- 20 Hours
Human Body Constitution;
Digestive, Respiratory, and Excretory Systems;
Communication and Immune System- Cardiovascular, Nervous, Endocrine, Lymphatic
Spiritual Anatomy and Physiology- Pancha Kosa, Chakras, Nadis, Kundalini
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics- 30 Hours
Paraphrased textual Readings from Biographies of ancient yogins and rishis;
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Ghherand Samhita;
Ethics- Yama (social ethics), ahimsa (non-violence), satya (truthfulness), asteya (non-staling), aparigraha (non-possessiveness), brahmacharya (true-nature), niyama (individual ethics), santosha (contentment), ishvara pranidhana (self surrender to god)
Concepts- dharma and karma, bondage and moksha
Yogic ahara- sattvic food, rules of healthy food habits
Seva- Service to the greater good in teaching and promoting the values of yoga
Practicum- 10 Hours
Demonstrative teaching sessions held by the trainee;
Research and feedback from teacher and fellow students;
- Airport Pickup Transfer (From Airport to HYA )
- Accommodation; Attached Bathroom with Hot & Cold shower
- Sauna & Steam; Swimming Pool (Only in Summer)
- Towel and slippers
- 3 vegetarian or Vegan meals daily (Cultural Food on Festivals & Rituals)
- Daily herbal tea as mentioned above, Drinking water
- Training Fees
- 1 therapy in a week, like...steam, oil treatment, music healing....
- Library of yoga literature
- Yoga Book-1, Notebook-1, Pen-1, Jalaneti pot-1, Lady Dress for Female and Yoga dress for Gents
- One Day Hiking Yoga; One Day World Heritage Yoga Tours
- Some Therapies as complement
- Volunteer teaching few hours a week in School as your interest
What’s not Included
- Additional excursions
- Additional ayurveda spa facilities
- Yoga props for exclusive individual use
Swami Yog Subodh
A qualified Reiki master and yoga life enthusiast, Swami Yog Subodh has made a niche for himself among the yoga entrepreneurs and teachers of Nepal. Additionally, Swami Subodh is a wellness motivator and a qualified Naturopath. He has 22 long and rich years of a teaching career in promoting nature cure, yoga, and spiritual healing through a number of technique modes. He has notably participated in the International World Congress of Alternative Medicines in 2001, his lectures and demonstrations earning him an award of “Lifelong Yoga Popularity”. He is also a recipient of “Doctor in complimentary Medicines (M.D>)” from The Open International University for Complimentary Medicines, Sri Lanka.
Initiated as a way forward in promoting spiritual life goals, Himalayan Yoga Academy was established in Nepal under a different name in 2007. Today, HYA is an institute supporting research, advanced training, and therapy courses with yoga and Ayurveda. The academy has earned accreditation by Yoga Alliance USA since the year 2015. The center offers-- YTT 200 hrs and YTT 300 hrs based on traditional Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga, aiming at optimum health and an inwardly transformative experience for those undergoing. The aims and objectives of Himalayan Yoga Academy are--
- Providing an yogic and spiritual atmosphere for the seekers to delve deeper in meditation
- Provision for advanced training with brief and long workshops
- Introduction to complementary holistic practices, like-- Reiki, Music Meditation
- Rejuvenation with Ayurveda, Nature Spa, Panchakarma Cleansing
- Invigorating physical activities like swimming
- Spiritual tourism based on yoga and treks
- Service for the benefit of the greater good in society through philanthropic social works
This platform acts as your perfect guide in choosing the best yoga training or yoga retreat program. Some of its features are:
- Vast collection of handpicked yoga training and retreat programs.
- Easy filtration options to narrow down your search and search specifically what you want to.
- A team of yogis, travelers and globetrotters with deep roots in yoga working round the clock to offer you the best.
- Easy, hassle free booking and totally secure.
A deposit of 10% will be required for a reservation and is non-refundable.
If someone cancels the booking after the commencement of the session, only 50% will be refunded of the total amount.